“Plug and play” have become today’s buzz in the hardware industry. Pick any hardware or devices and you will find it to be a plug and play one. Users don’t need to put any extra effort to work with the plug and play hardware. However, if you have old hardware, which you want to connect to your system, it won’t happen automatically, as this hardware would not have the plug and play features and configuration.
You can use such old devices with your Windows 8 operating system by adding it manually to your system. You need to add devices not supporting plug and play through the Add Hardware Wizard.
Note: – Windows 8 support center clearly states that Hardware Wizard should be used by advanced users only.
Process of adding old device through Add Hardware Wizard
Users can add old hardware device to their Windows 8 PC through Add Hardware Wizard, by following instructions below:-
- Click on the Start button in the taskbar.
- In the search box type Run and hit enter. You will get a list of results, select Run.
- In Run dialogue box type hdwwiz and press enter.
- Follow instructions in the wizard and press Next in the end.
This is the standard process of adding any old version hardware that doesn’t support the plug and play feature. However, sometimes even after adding a device through the hardware wizard would not work. In such cases, run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter using the instructions below.
- Go to the Start button again, and click on Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.
- Go to the Control Panel.
- In search box type Troubleshooter, and click on Troubleshooting.
- Find Hardware and Sound, and select Configure a device.
- Select your device from the list of installed devices and updates its driver, which configure old hardware device that doesn’t support plug and play.
By following the above steps, you will be able to Update Device Drivers in your computer. If you still experience issues, contact online Driver Update services like Jupiter Support, who will guide you through these steps at a low cost of only $29.