Packed.Generic.460 is member of a Trojan family and is recognized to confuse and withhold the identity of infected files from being detected by antivirus software. This notorious Trojan horse was diagnosed recently in April 2014, and its infection varies in length. Packed.Generic.460 is a threat for multiple other threat families. The threat families that are affected by Packed.Generic.460 are mentioned below:-
- Trojan Horse
Files that are detected with Packed.Generic.460 are found to be malicious and therefore, as soon as any such file is detected on your system, it needs to be fixed.
Other specifications of Packed.Generic.460
- Packed.Generic.460 is basically found on Windows operating systems, notably in Windows 2000, Windows 7, Windows NT, Windows Vista and Windows XP.
- Wildness level of this Trojan horse is calculated to be medium but it is capable of infecting upto 49 infections in your system.
- Currently there are two sites detected, from where this Trojan horse is spreading, though the geographical distribution of Packed.Generic.460 is low.
- Threat accessibility and removal process has been assessed to be of easy level.
- This Trojan horse is capable of doing medium level damages to your system.
- Expose confidential data from the computers with low level of security wall.
- Degrades system performance up to a great extent.
There is software available in the market, which claims successful removal of this Trojan horse from your system; however, we don’t have any authenticity of these claims. There is a manual removal system that is mentioned below:-
- Carry out a complete system scan.
- Most of these threats modify various registry files that can affect performance of system. While most of these threats can be reinstated by using Windows components, it is recommended to carry out infected registry key editing. Clean registry entries created by Packed.Generic.460 by running “regedit.exe” command in run windows; this will open up Windows registry editor, from where you can remove or edit infected registry files.
By following the above steps, you will be able to resolve “Packed.Generic.460” issue from your system. If you still experience issues, contact online Virus Removal Services like Jupiter Support, who will guide you through the removal of the virus at a low cost of only $29.