Prize-party.com is an advertisement website, also categorized as a phishing website. Prize-Party.com displays different products as prizes, and when clicked on, will ask you to log in using your Facebook account. After logging in, your personal information is sought. This is a scam website filled with ads. It takes your information, with no prize in return. Once you click on the links, it will start downloading malware into the computer. It installs into the computer and modifies your browser settings. Your default search engine, new tab settings and homepage will also be redirected to prize-party.com.
With the Prize-party.com virus in your system, your system begins to slow down, while unknown advertisements, sponsored ads and pop-ups begin to display when surfing. The Prize-party browser hijacker cannot be removed by any antivirus. It skips the operations of antivirus tools.
The virus can, however, be removed manually.
Steps to remove prize-party.com browser hijacker:
- Reset your browser settings.
- Open Tools>Internet Options
- Click on Advanced. Reset Internet Explorer Settings by clicking on the Reset button and then press OK.
- Open Help>Troubleshooting Information
- Click on Reset Firefox
- Click on the Wrench icon and then Settings
- Under Users section, click on Delete this user and conform the same.
- Find the files associated with prize-party.com virus and delete them.
%AppData%\NPSWF32.dll %AppData%\Protector-[random-text].exe %AppData%\result.db %AppData%\1st$0l3th1s.cnf
- Delete the registry entries created by prize-party redirect virus.
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableRegedit” = 0 HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “Random”
By following the above steps, you will be able to completely remove the prize-party.com browser hijacker from your computer. If you still experience issues, contact online Virus Removal services like Jupiter Support, who will guide you through the removal of the virus at a low cost of only $29.