What is Social Search Toolbar Virus?
Social Search Toolbar is a browser hijacker that has similar traits as that of any other malware affiliated with free downloads. Once installed, this hijacker will add the SocialSearchBar Community Toolbar, change your browser homepage to search.conduit.com, and set your default search engine to SocialSearchBar Customized Web Search.
You will begin to notice advertisements and sponsored links in your search results. Of course, as is the specialty with every form of malware, the Social Search Toolbar infection is used to impact advertising revenue.
Acting in the capacity of a virus, the Social Search Toolbar will exhibit malicious traits and inhibit rootkit-like characteristics to peg into the operating system in order to interrupt user experience and destroy internal system files.
Needless to say, you need to always use caution when installing software because often, a software installer includes optional installs, such as this Social Search Toolbar.
It’s wise to always opt for the custom installation in order to filter unwanted software and applications.
Social Search Toolbar impacts the computer in the following ways
- Social Search Toolbar virus alters your browser settings.
- Social Search Toolbar virus modifies your home page and search engine.
- Social Search Toolbar virus feasts on your online habits.
- Social Search Toolbar virus acts as a doorway for other computer viruses.
- Social Search Toolbar virus slows down your PC performance.
Social Search Toolbar Virus Screenshot
How to Remove Social Search Toolbar Virus from your PC?
You can download and install the Social Search Toolbar virus removal tool to automatically, completely and effectively remove this virus, OR
You can remove the Social Search Toolbar virus manually.
For manual removal instructions, follow these steps:
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing the F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the “Safe Mode with Networking” option, and then hit the ENTER Key to continue.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del at the same time to open Windows Task Manager and end the Social Search Toolbar process.
3. Go to the Control Panel from the Start menu and open Folder Options. Click View and then select “Show hidden files and folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”. Press OK.
4. Press Windows+R together to start your registry. Delete the following registry files.
- HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Regedit32
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableRegedit” = 0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
5. Delete the following and related system files.
- %CommonStartMenu%\Programs\ random
6. Restart your machine.
By following the above steps, you will be able to completely remove “Social Search Toolbar” Virus from your internet browser. If you still experience issues, contact online Virus Removal services like Jupiter Support, who will guide you through the removal of the virus at a low cost of only $29.