What is Trojan:HTML/Redirector.BB?
The HTML redirector.BB is a hazardous virus which uses high level Java script functionality to infect the system by redirecting the internet activities to random unfamiliar websites.
Trojan:HTML/Redirector.BB enters the PC bundled with other applications that are downloaded from freeware websites. It displays fake pop-ups and sponsored links of malicious websites. Remote hackers can get easy access to your computer and steal credit card, banking, password and other important information. Trojan:HTML/Redirector.BB can be detected by some authorized antivirus applications but cannot be removed by them because of the strong java script components that affect system files and registry settings.
Aliases of Trojan:HTML/Redirector.BB:
Virus found HTML/Framer (AVG)
HTML/ScrInject.B.Gen virus (ESET)
Trojans usually enters the computer bundled with other free applications. Executable (.exe) files, Microsoft Installer (.msi) files, Batch (.bat) files, VBScript (.vbi) files contains these kinds of Trojans. Trojan:HTML/Redirector.BB hides inside the application and infects the PC without any knowledge of the user.
Dangers of HTML/Redirector.BB Virus :
- Search results redirect you to irrelevant websites hosted by remote hackers.
- Trojan display frequent pop-ups and advertisements.
- System performance will be degraded.
- Remote hackers are given easy access to the computer.
Steps to remove Trojan:HTML/Redirector.BB virus:
- Restart your PC into Safe Mode with Networking.[Restart your PC keeping the F8 key pressed continuously. The Windows Advanced Options Menu will be displayed. Select Safe Mode with Networking and press Enter]
- Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to open Windows Task Manager. Find the processes related to Trojan:HTML/Redirector.BB. Select and kill those processes by pressing End Process button on the bottom right.
- Navigate through the paths below and delete files associated with the Trojan:HTML/Redirector.BB virus.
%AppData%\[random-text].exe %ProgramFiles%\LP\[random-text].tmp %ProgramFiles%\LP\[random-text].exe %Windows%\system32\[random-text].exe %System%\drivers\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].sys
- Trojans can create registry settings of their own. Delete the registry settings created by Trojan:HTML/Redirector.BB by following the paths below.[To open Registry Editor, Open RUN and type regeditand press Enter]
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.exe "(Default)" = "[random-text]" HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.exe\shell\open\command "(Default)" = "%LocalAppData%\[random-text].exe" -a "%1" %*" HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.exe\shell\open\command "IsolatedCommand" = ""%1" %*" HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.exe\shell\runas\command "(Default)" = ""%1" %*" HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\[random-text] "(Default)" = "Application" HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\[random-text] "Content Type" = "application/x-msdownload"
By following the above steps, you will be able to completely remove the Trojan:HTML/Redirector.BB virus from your computer. If you still experience issues, contact online Virus Removal services like Jupiter Support, who will guide you through the removal of the virus at a low cost of only $29.