Backdoor.SDBot.DGFE is a less harmful worm, though have destructive capabilities of make you run for your money. First glimpse that you got of this worm is in icon form of an image. And once, it penetrates into system and install itself, users won’t be able to open this image and each try to open it will be notified by system with “can’t open the image” message.
After installation this worm creates a new identity in name of “%system%wauclt.exe” file in your system. At start up point, Backdoor.SDBot.DGFE registers itself with registry keys and gradually gets connected to IRC channel. Thereafter, it starts receiving and executing commands from the system invader.
This worm is less destructive in nature, but the gateway it opens for other malwares to enter into your system, could be of severely threatening nature. There is no second opinion that you should remove this worm as soon as detected, however, for that you must confirm presence of this infectious worm in your system.
There are few symptoms of this worm that are common in systems infected by it. So, let’s see.
Symptoms of Backdoor.SDBot.DGFE
Common symptoms of Backdoor.SDBot.DGFE are:-
- Your system will have a file named “%system%wauclt.exe”.
- Users experience peculiar internet experiences.
- Infected system requires long time to start and shut down.
- User also witness automatically browser setting changes.
- Infected applications are not accessible by the system.
- Infected or corrupt applications reinstalled on each start up.
- This worm also infects DLL, as it gets damaged or removed automatically.
- Other unknown or malicious software got installed automatically.
- If you have antivirus software on your system, it got deactivated, allowing other malicious websites to enter into your system.
Process for removal of Backdoor.SDBot.DGFE
There are two procedures to remove Backdoor.SDBot.DGFE worm from your system – manual and by using removal tool. You can opt for any of the two procedures to remove Backdoor.SDBot.DGFE worm from your system, we will learn the manual technique here.
- From Start button search for DLL’s associated with Backdoor.SDBot.DGFE and remove it all.
- Search all registry keys associated with Backdoor.SDBot.DGFE and delete following entries:
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionRun HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionRunOnce HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionRun HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionRunServices HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionRunOnce
- Search and omit all files and applications from system pertaining to Backdoor.SDBot.DGFE.
- After every infected DLL’s and files are removed restart your computer.
By following the above steps, you will be able to completely remove “Backdoor.SDBot.DGFE worm” from your system. If you still experience issues, contact online Virus Removal Services like Jupiter Support, who will guide you through the removal of the virus at a low cost of only $29.