The United Kingdom Police virus is categorized as ransomware belonging to the infamous Ukash family. As is known with ransomware, the virus attacks your computer, seizes it and demands money through Ukash or PaySafeCard. This is, needless to say, a threat to force its victim to pay up or remain hostage. Ironically, this nuisance can easily be removed manually.
Another name for this virus is Police Central E-Crime Unit virus, which says that its victim has violated the laws of Great Britain and must, therefore, pay a fine of €100. It displays the UK Police logo, the victim’s IP address, country, region, city, ISP, operating system and username of the PC. This usually dupes the victim into believing that it is genuine.
The United Kingdom Police virus incorporates other spyware and malware. Keyloggers and Trojans collect information from the browser history and any sort of saved information which facilitates cybercriminal activity. The virus can bypass security settings by changing the related registry entries and system settings and deactivates the security software you are using.
How does the UK Police Virus enter?
The virus is known to enter through malicious websites that host malware, Trojans, viruses, codecs, freeware, shareware, torrents, media files and also through spam email messages.
“ATTENTION! Your PC is blocked due to at least one of the reasons specified below.
You have been violating “Copyright and Related Law” (Video, Music, Software) and illegally using or distributing copyrighted content, thus infringing Article 128 of the Criminal Code of Great Britain.
Article 128 of the Criminal Code provides a fine of 200 to 500 minimal wages or a deprivation of liberty for 2 to 8 years.
You have been viewing or distributing prohibited Pornographic content (Child Porn/Zoophillia and etc.). Thus violating article 202 of the Criminal Code of Great Britain.
Article 202 of the Criminal Code provides for a deprivation of liberty for 4 to 12 years.”
A screenshot of the United Kingdom Police Virus:
Remove the United Kingdom Police Virus
- Restart your PC and keep the F8 key pressed continuously. Choose Safe Mode with Networking and press Enter.
- Open Windows Task Manager by pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL. Find the processes related to United Kingdom police virus and kill those processes.[random text].exe
- Open RUN and type msconfig to open System Configuration Utility. Disable all possible startup items.
- Open the Control Panel and then Folder Options. Under View tab, click on Show Hidden Files and Folders and then click OK.
- Find and remove files associated with the UK Police virus by navigating through paths below.
%Temp%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe %AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\~r %Windows%\system32\[random].exe %System%\drivers\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].sys
- Open RUN and type regeditto open Registry Editor and follow the paths below to delete the registry entries created by the UK Police virus.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\[random numbers] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MsConfig\startupfolder\[random names] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MsCongif\startupreg\[random names] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\”Shell”=”[SET OF RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe”
- Now, reboot your computer in Normal Mode.
By following the above steps, you will be able to completely remove the United Kingdom Police Virus from your computer. If you still experience issues, contact online Virus Removal services like Jupiter Support, who will guide you through the removal of the virus at a low cost of only $29.